Changes in v0.9.1 (2017-03-02):
Incompatible changes in v0.9:
- Requires Tcl 8.6. Does not require Snit.
- Added -compress option to addRawImage and putRawImage.
- Added -angle and -anchor options to putImage and putRawImage.
- Fixed bug where an unnecessary startPage was called from addImage and addRawImage.
- Added pdf4tcl::getFonts call.
- Added -dryrun option to drawTextBox method.
Changes in v0.8.4 (2016-08-15):
- Pdf4tcl objects are now TclOO objects.
Some of the ways to create an object is therefore different and will not
work. The documented way, using pdf4tcl::new, should work as before.
- Default value of document option -compress is now true.
- Removed deprecated functionality:
- Method cleanup removed (use destroy)
- Method qCurve removed (use curve)
- Method drawText removed (use text and newLine)
- Method addJpeg removed (use addImage)
- Non-option arguments to startPage removed (use options)
Changes in v0.8 (2012-06-12):
- Note: 0.8.4 will be the last version to support Tcl 8.4/8.5, and the
last to require Snit. Next will require TclOO and other 8.6 features.
- Adapted to tkpath items, using itempdf support in tkpath.
- Support for characters outside BMP, if run in a Tcl-version
- Added addForm method, for creating interactive forms.
- Added catPdf command.
- setLineStyle, setLineWidth and setLineDash now interprets their
inputs with units, like all distances
- Added document flag -cmyk and started on CMYK support.
- Added startXObject method, for creating Form XObjects.
- Added embedFile and attachFile methods.
Incompatible changes in v0.8:
- Added curve method, replacing qCurve.
- Handle built in zlib in 8.6 [Bug 18353].
- Support patterns for canvas dashes.
- Added -fontmap to canvas dump to control fonts.
- Added setLineWidth and setLineDash methods.
- Fixed bug "that makes non-latin Italic TTF-fonts unusable".
Changes in v0.7 (2010-01-30):
- Corrected text angle to be CCW like other angles.
- Deprecated: qCurve.
- Cleaned up to name ascend/descent font metrics consistently.
Incompatible changes in v0.7:
- Support for embedding TrueType or Type1 fonts.
- Added getTextPosition method.
- Added -rotate page option.
- Added getImageHeight, getImageWidth, getImageSize methods.
- Added bookmarkAdd and metadata methods.
- Support background fill for angled text.
v0.6 was never released
- Changed height metric in getFontMetric to measure full bbox for all fonts.
Changes in v0.5 (2009-01-04):
Changes in v0.4 (2008-03-04):
- Use cp1252 encoding to match font encoding.
- Added -linesvar option to drawTextBox.
Incompatible changes in v0.4:
- New method canvas for dumping canvas contents to PDF. Demo
- PNG support (alpha channels and interlace is not supported).
- New method addImage for generic image handling.
- New methods putRawImage, addRawImage.
- New methods moveTextPosition, setLineSpacing, getLineSpacing.
- Support Tk's units "m", "c" and "p".
- Added height metric to getFontMetric.
- Added document option -unit.
- Reworked drawTextBox to work correctly in all orientations. Possibly incompatible.
- Support Tk color formats.
Changes in v0.3 (2008-01-19):
- Methods circle, polygon and arc changed to be more consistent.
- Deprecated: addJpeg.
- Removed: drawText, drawTextAt, beginTextObj, endTextObj, moveTo, closePath.
- Require an explicit set font. Nothing default anymore.
- Added -file option to continuously write to file instead of
accumulating in memory.
- More font metric introspection.
- More general handling of page properties like size and margins.
- Draw text with background fill.
- All user coordinates support e.g. "5mm" as input.
- Redesigned to use Snit to get clearer code.
This caused a noticable slowdown but since
Snit will be more than twice as fast with 8.5 this will probably